Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2
March 2020, Calgary, Alberta
The Subtle Body
The prerequisite to this course is Level 1 Yin Yoga Teacher Training and Retreat.
In this 35-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 course, we will study the 5 Yin (Zang) organs, and how they influence our physical, emotional and spiritual health. We will explore how we can better enhance Qi (Energy) flow within the yin yoga practice, through meditation, pranayama, and sound. Tibetan yoga pranayama practices will be introduced to help balance and enhance our energetic capacities. We will learn how this energy is intimately related to our ability to respond and act from our wisdom nature. The intention of this course is to move beyond a conceptual understanding of energetics into an embodied experience of these subtle dimensions.
Class theming and teaching pedagogy will also be discussed. Questions and conversations surrounding these deeper topics will be encouraged to promote an environment rich in inquiry and learning. If you have taken Stephanie’s Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 course before, this course can be used towards additional Yoga Alliance continuing education hours.
- Understanding Jing, Qi, and Shen
- Energetic Anatomy (Chinese and Tibetan Yogic systems)
- 5 Zang (yin) and 6 (Fu) organs, their physical, energetic and spiritual function
- 5 healing sounds, corresponding to each organ
- Internal Qigong within Yin Yoga Practice (Visualizations, reverse breathing, 3 pumps)
- Organ Meridian “Target Areas”
- Skillful energetic sequencing
- Taoist Metaphysic Philosophy
- Buddha Dharma Philosophy (The three poisons, 5 hindrances, 4 immeasurable, 3 marks of existence)
- Skillful use of pranayama and how it can shift our mindstates
- Psychospiritual inquiry exploring the themes of purpose, knowing and expressing our personal truth, compassion, and trust.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 Investment:
Regular Price: $750 +gst
Both Level 1 & 2: $1299 + gst
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 will be taught in Calgary, Alberta, in Inglewood at Serenity Now Wellness Center. Free parking on the street or across the street at the school parking lot.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 Schedule:
Two Weekends: March 20-22 and March 27-29, 2020.